EFDA or Radiology EXPERIENCED PRACTICING DENTAL ASSISTANTS
1 Day Certification Classes are Held on Friday’s See Class Schedule for Dates. If the date your looking for is unavailable on calendar please call and request as accommodations can be made.
1 DAY CERTIFICATIONS – Our one (1) day course is designed for a dental assistant with minimum of three (3) months experience who has been formally trained by a licensed dentist. Students in the EFDA and Radiology class must be able to perform all of the expanded functions or radiology procedures in a clinical setting to earn a certificate. Fill out the employment verification form and bring the completed form with you on your selected course date. PROFESSIONAL SCRUBS ARE REQUIRED. ALL MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED.
EFDA Expanded Functions for Dental Auxiliary – CERTIFICATION COURSE
TOTAL COST OF COURSE $325 Limit is 10 participants, and course fills quickly.
Prerequisite This one day course is for a dental assistant with minimum of three (3)months experience who has been formally trained by a licensed dentist. Students in the EFDA class must be able to perform all of the expanded functions in a clinical setting and pass a written exam with a grade of 75% or better a certificate will be issued. Florida does not license dental assistants and there is no examination requirement. However, prior to the performance of expanded duties as defined by rule of the Board, the dental assistant must possess formal training.
This course is designed for the auxiliary to perform those expanded functions listed below. This course will include those duties which may be performed under the supervision of a dentist and for which formal training is required. Certificates or Vouchers will be awarded upon demonstration of competency and satisfactory completion of written and clinical post-tests.
- Course Objectives
- To provide training for certification in the following expanded functions:
- Laws & Rules,
- Infection Control
- Taking impressions for study casts
- Topical application of fluoride (including foam & varnish)
- Placing and removing rubber dams
- Placing and removing periodontal dressings
- Polishing clinical crowns for removal of stains
- Polishing amalgam restorations
- Placing and removing matrices
- Placing intra-coronal provisional (temporary) restorations
- Placing bases and liners
- Suture removal
- Application of pit & fissure sealants
- Preliminary charting
- Packing and removing retraction cord
- Cementing provisional crowns and bridges with temporary cement
All necessary supplies and instruments will be provided, including a four-hole slow speed handpiece with contra-angle and prophy angle, rubber dam tray and operative tray. However, please bring your own safety glasses if you need special glasses.
This course is approved for certification and training in Expanded Functions for dental auxiliaries in Florida per Florida Statutes, Section 466.024(6) and Board of Dentistry Rule 64B5-16.005.
Expanded Functions– Formal training which is required for certification in order to legally perform certain remediable tasks. Rules 64B5- 16.005 and 16.006, Florida Administrative Code, defines Remediable tasks (expanded functions) delegable to dental dental assistants and the level of supervision required.
RADIOLOGY CERTIFICATION 1 DAY COURSE
TOTAL COST OF COURSE $265 Lecture Lab Hours 9:00 until completion 4 hours depending on class size.
Radiology Certification CAN BE TAKEN after completing three months of on-the-job training through assisting in the positioning and exposing of dental radiographic film under the direct supervision of a Florida licensed dentist. After performing skills in a clinical setting and passing a written exam with a grade of 75% or better a certificate will be issued.
This one-day course is designed to over see and instruction to the the auxiliary to perform proper positioning and of dental digital computer radiology. This course will include the following training. Radiology in a dental practice may be performed under the supervision of a dentist in accord to the Board of Dentistry rule 64B5-15.015.
Certification for Florida Dental Radiology positioning x-rays by digital technology techniques. Review the techniques & protocols for radiation safety for the patient and operator.
- Discussion and Identify & perform exposure & processing techniques, Radiographic Anatomy
- Radiology history, physics, infection control & biological effects of radiation clinical and digital testing.
- Students will participate as patients along with our Dexter for film placement
Students will take a Full Mouth Series of X-rays.
Vouchers will be received of completion or Certificates will be awarded upon demonstration of competency and satisfactory completion of written and clinical post-tests.
- Radiography Licensure is obtained through the Department of Health by submitting documentation of successful completion of a Board approved certification course at our school along with your registration form and fee. We will give you a form for you to complete and send to the state on your own.
Fabricating Provisional Crowns and Bridges Course $325 scheduled by request
– Advanced training for certification of additional expanded functions beyond those covered in the Expanded Functions course. Per Florida Statutes, Section 466-024(6) and Board of Dentistry Rule 64B5-16.005, this course is approved for the certification of dental auxiliaries to legally perform the expanded functions of cementing temporary crowns and bridges with temporary cement and fabricating temporary crowns and bridges intra-orally.
VERIFICATION OF EMPLOYMENT
Print verification employment form and bring completed form with you the selected course date. Also to secure your place please complete the enrollment form with full payment or a $50.00 deposit remaining balance can be paid on the day of course.
After registering for the class, please text us at 561.900.7141 so we can confirm your enrollment. Upon receiving Text you will be given a password for downloading your review questions for the course. Then Go to Resources and Forms and Download Review Questions for Study for EFDA/Radiology course ( this will prepare you for the class)